Author Topic: Nervous about taking off hairpiece  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Dbar66

• Learning the way of Sly
Nervous about taking off hairpiece
« on: August 19, 2017, 04:37:29 PM »
Been wearing hair for over 20 years
Ready to ditch it but anxiety is getting the best of me
Would be going from full head of hair to completely bald
Work in a public supermarket for 20 years and know tons of people and am nervous about all the comments i will get
Anyone who been in similar situation and could offer advice would be greatly appreciated

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Nervous about taking off hairpiece
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 04:48:46 PM »
Do it. You may be surprised at how few people will comment.  Some may notice something is different but might. It know exactly what it is.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 07:04:42 PM »
I'm sure some people may say something. Shaving your head the first time takes guts , no doubt about that. But in a short period of time it will no longer be something that causes concern. People will take the look as your new normal. Really this is what happens.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 01:51:34 AM »
Its a new hairstyle, nothing more.  If people ask, you wnated a change, they dont need to be told that you were wearing hair before. After the 30 days no one will remember the old 'air style'.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 01:24:46 PM »
I am sure almost all the people that see you already know you are wearing a hair piece.  Some will say something because of the change, as they would for any change in appearance.  Some will be silent and think it is none of their business.  I went from a full head of hair to shaved, and got comments as well.  Don't let comments, or the fear of comments, be your deciding factor.
SlyBeard

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 03:05:27 PM »
A friend of mine  shaved off his beard and afterca group had been dining for a while one said 'have you changed your glasses'.Go ahead donit and although some will notice few will comment -mostly positive
Roger

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 04:01:02 PM »
When I shaved off my full head of hair, a few people asked why, and almost everybody said it looked good. The only comment you need when someone makes a remark is that you wanted a change or you just wanted to try it.

I can't imagine the relief you will probably feel after the first shave. No more concerns about hair or a hairpiece.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 07:26:59 PM »
It's natural to feel nervous, but as the others have said, most people either won't notice or won't say anything.  You might get a few questions and comments, but people are busy with their own lives, so your new hairstyle won't be the center of their attention for very long (we all think it will be, but that's just not the case). 

If you are thinking a lot about ditching the hairpiece, then you should do it.  Being bald is wonderfully liberating.

Offline Lew

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 08:36:42 AM »
I wore a hair system for fifteen years.  After agonizing for two years, I reluctantly took the plunge, had the system removed, and shaved my head completely bald.  I was very self conscious, so I wore a beanie for a little over a week.  I started growing facial hair as well that helps offset a completely sly dome.  Over 99% of the feedback was and continues to this day to be positive.  I was somewhat self-conscious donning a bald head for the first few months, but after that I didn't give it a second thought.  You can do this.  It's simply mind over matter.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2017, 12:41:48 AM »
Most people don't really care. And... what do you care about what others' think, especially strangers?

I get comments about my beard ALL THE TIME. I usually just smile. When it is appropriate I say "well, it's never stopped me from having sex", but that line will NOT work at the supermarket!

:)

Good luck.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 12:44:31 AM by DoberDaddy »