Author Topic: 15 Days In  (Read 2498 times)

Offline Zooman

• Sly Jr.
15 Days In
« on: April 24, 2017, 09:45:29 AM »
I’m halfway to my first 30 days of being sly now, and I am finally starting to feel like I’m settling in.  I’m seeing that my experience has been pretty similar to what others have posted here.  A lot more feeling up and down about it from one day to the next than I would have expected, but overall I’m still feeling good about it.  Things I’ve noticed are that most people really don’t care.  They may be shocked when they first see you, but they get used to it pretty quickly and they either say something positive or they don’t say anything at all.  Also, sly guys are everywhere!  I never really noticed that much before, which I guess says something.  Finally, the thing that’s helped me was the whole concept that you just need to embrace and own your new look (thanks TheodorusRex!).  If you act confident, others will see you that way, and you will eventually feel it.  I’m still not sure what’s going to happen at the end of 30 days, but right now I’m happy being sly and loving being free of my hair!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: 15 Days In
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 10:38:36 AM »
Yes, most of us experienced the same thing. People see it, react, and accept it. Nobody cares as much as you. I'm glad you are enjoying your new look. Looking at your avatar, I can't imagine you any other way but bald. It looks awesome on you.

Don't forget to give other sly guys "the nod". Most do, it's a sort f brotherhood.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: 15 Days In
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 11:50:04 AM »
Yep, I was there.   Over 5 years ago, doing the 30 day challenge.  I adopted the bald look, not because I needed to but to give it a try. I'm still shaving my head.  I took a positive attitude about it and it's been a great experience. 

Yes, bald heads are all over the place, but you don't notice them that much until you shave YOUR head. I can relate.  In a way, I feel special. Not everyone has the stuff to shave their head. 

I'll put in my 2 cents for you to keep it up after 30 days.

Thanks for sharing.