Author Topic: well... here we are  (Read 3747 times)

Offline Ardrex

• Learning the way of Sly
well... here we are
« on: March 30, 2017, 05:35:53 PM »
Hi guys,
first of all I humbly ask for your forgivenes: I'm not a natural speaker, and my english is quite clumsy.
That being sad I can go back to the main topic.

I'm 20 years old, and my hair are starting to fall down.

Now, both my dad and my grandfather lost their hair in their early twenties, so I've always knew this day would have come.
Moreover I have tons of reasons to don't care: I've never been a beauty and I've never been overly attached to my image, even when I had tons of them I've never liked my hair, despite my age I can grow a decent beard and I also wear glasses, so my face wouldn't look too empty without hair (or at least I hope so),...

For all these reasons I've always thought that when the day would come, I would have cut my hair whitout a thought... until now.
Right now the idea of taking this step is killing me. It's quite embarassing to admit it, but I'm scared. I know that when I'll finally cut my hair I won't be able to go back.

Anyway, scared or not I'm probably going to do it this summer: my situation is not too bad yet, but I want to go bald before my hair loss becomes too evident.
The reason I'm writing this post is to search for a little of support. I'd like to know, if possible of course, if some of you have gone through a situation like mine, and have you dealt with it.
I'm going to do it, I have to, but maybe talking with you will make everything a little easier 😅

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: well... here we are
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 10:57:21 PM »
Welcome!

You took the first step, and had the guts to come here!

Shaving your head is not the only way to deal with losing your hair. However, it is certainly the MOST cost effective, and least harmful (as opposed to drugs, plugs, and rugs).

Speaking from experience, shaving off my thinning hair was one of the most liberating things I have ever done.

Give it a try, it will always grow back (at least some if it), if you want it to.

You have come to the right place, you WILL get lots of good support here.

Best!

Steve

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 11:31:09 PM »
I agree totally with Steve.  You have come to the right place as you will find us a very supportive group whatever choice you make.  Personally getting rid of a fading lot of hair was very liberating and I have never looked back.  Having a beard helped me.  If you decide to shave don't forget the 30 day rule.
Roger

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 09:41:44 AM »
I was still able to cover my bald spot with my hair style, but i wanted to take control of the situation and go bald on my own terms. I was extremely nervous, but decided to do it and it was such a relief when I did it. I had been worried about going bald for a long time, but once I did it, I realized there was really nothing to be worried about. The response from family and friends was positive. Of course there were a few who gave me a hard time about it, but in a couple of weeks it was like I had been bald for years and no one cared. Hope this helps.  Good luck to you.
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 10:45:06 AM »
I agree with jbritt, if you try it now, even if you dont like it and grow it back, then its a consious decision, a style choice.  That can only be met with respect.

Offline Ardrex

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 03:43:21 PM »
Thank you guys, I know you're right. I just have to find the courage to take the first step.
I'll probably come back when the time will come.

Thank you again for all your support, not only to me but to every men on this forum!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 06:55:40 AM »
Don't wait until Summer because if you get some tan before younshave then you will have a bright whitevarea where you shaved your hair.  If you are going to shave your head you should do it right at the end of Winter.

Then too, be sure to follow the 30 day rule.  I think that you will be pleasantly surprised at what a great rush of masculine empwerment you will feel when you get over your fear and just shave thise "scraps" off your head!

Offline Ardrex

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 03:46:33 PM »
I have to.
When I'll finally shave my head I'll need a little time to get used to it. Right now I must think to pass my exams at university, I just don't have the time and the energy to take this step.
I fear that doing it now will only decrease my ability to concentrate and study, and this in turn will make harder getting used to it and, maybe, starting to like it.
Anyway, thanks for the support.