Author Topic: Pretty much everyone has told me that shaving my head looks horrible  (Read 13949 times)

Offline kaliber411

• Sly Guy in Training
    • kimchibytes
I shaved my head; I got sick of the receding hairline and it just looked fake to me, but people are telling me I look like a monster with my head shaved.  I can't tell if I look bad, or if the transition was just a shock to them.  I didn't like it at first but a week in I'm starting to understand why to give in 30 days.  I'm adjusting and maybe even it's growing on me. 

The worst has been the respond on dating apps--though.  Virtually no contact with the shaved head.

I'm 34 so hair loss really isn't a big shocker and I pretty much had a sh*t hairline growing up.  But I don't know, interested in your thoughts and support if possible. 

-Brent Sheffield-

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Pretty much everyone has told me that shaving my head looks horrible
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 05:43:09 AM »
frankly i believe shaven is more attractive.  There is obviously a shock factor.  If you like it stay with it.  Many gals really do like men with shaven heads.

Offline TheodorusRex

• Sly Jr.
  • Each moment is a place you've never been before.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 06:09:04 AM »
Relax - and give me a break - you look farking cool...! 

Remember - muy importante - practice radical self acceptance.  You've got to own it.  If you believe you look like a bad ass - other people will to - including women.   That is my experience...  Not everyone liked mine either - very few as a matter of fact.  Now, things have changed - probably because I took the path of refusing to let other people's opinions bring me down or change the way I felt about myself.   ...and now - I get the attention.  Hit the gym and release.   Quit listening to the complaining dialogue in your head and move to thoughts about what you want - your desires - how you're going to achieve them.   Get up and smack those people down.  Trust me Dude - you're head looks killer...  Go out there and rip them limb from limb...
Started shaving November 25th, 2016

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 07:01:55 AM »
My opinion you can shave or not both look fine . You still have enough hair , and you look good with what you had. Do what you think best.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 07:02:53 AM »
First of all, I don't see much, if any, receding. Not sure shaved is best for you at this point, maybe a short buzzcut would suit you better.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 07:17:01 AM »
First, I do not see anything wrong with your hair.  But evidently you do, and that is what matters.  Otherwise you would not have cut it off.

So if you like not having hair go for it.  But you did not shave your head, you only buzzed it short.  So if you want to see what a shaved head looks like on yourself, get a razor and do a proper job.  Even if you grow your hair back, you will get to see what the real shaved head will look like.  Your hair is still dark, so the shadow will not go away completely, but it will be different than the buzzed look.

If you keep it shaved, let your facial hair gain some length to give it a three dimensional look.  Facial hair looks good with a shaved head.  A little working out at the gym helps with or without hair.  All helps with confidence, which is what is attractive to the ladies.

Good look and keep us posted.
SlyBeard

Offline kaliber411

• Sly Guy in Training
    • kimchibytes
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 07:52:15 AM »
Man you guys are awesome. 
-Brent Sheffield-

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 11:35:31 PM »
Welcome back, Kaliber411!

I remember your blogs, and they were pretty good. It's hard to tell where you're losing hair at in the pictures, but I think you should grow out the goatee....just my 0.02
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 01:32:56 AM »
I also dont see much of a problem with your hair but similarly the buzzed look looks great too, you have options, go with what you like and makes you feel yourself.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 08:45:48 AM »
you look military cool to me. the look works for ya.  yeah, give it 30. people will adjust to you new look.

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 11:16:22 AM »
Its the shock factor. People that you know have only known you with hair. after a couple weeks they will get over it. It looks good on you.
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 08:10:43 AM »
I don't massive thinning, but I think the short buzzcut looks much cooler.  Hope you're enjoying the shorter look.

Offline Nanners

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 08:36:55 AM »
I'm totally straight and don't look at guys, but man you look a lot better betyer eith it shaved down. You looked fine with hair, but the shaved down look makes you look even younger and emphasizes some really beautiful peepers. Best of luck in whatever you decide but hopefully you give it some time to grow on you! And don't let dating apps get you down, I've been on them for over a decade now and they're a poor judge of what real life really is.

Best!
N.

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 10:56:43 AM »
To paraphrase a line from GoT: a lion does not concern itself with the opinions of sheep.
Who cares what others think...only one opinion matters, yours.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2017, 12:32:29 PM »
I'm totally straight and don't look at guys, but man you look a lot better betyer eith it shaved down. You looked fine with hair, but the shaved down look makes you look even younger and emphasizes some really beautiful peepers. Best of luck in whatever you decide but hopefully you give it some time to grow on you! And don't let dating apps get you down, I've been on them for over a decade now and they're a poor judge of what real life really is.

Best!
N.
  Exactly what I say!

Enter your email address: