Author Topic: Thoughts?  (Read 13708 times)

Offline tunatamaker

• Learning the way of Sly
Thoughts?
« on: January 14, 2017, 10:19:19 AM »
I finally took the plunge and shaved my head.  I had been dreading this day and since few people started to tell me that my hair was thinning I figured it was time.  I am wondering if you think it is harder to find dates after shaving your head?  I am 28 years old so fairly young but honestly that is my only hesitation.

I would post before and after pics but a little worried given the nature of my job.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
Re: Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 03:20:47 PM »
Welcome mate, these days bald is generally just seen as another hairstyle, you can wear it like a bad-ass, or with a suit or dressed up all flamboyant! I think the main thing is the attitude you hold behind it. By 28 for me nature hadn't left enough to make a choice so by now at 31 a few rounds of laser is finishing what nature started.

When I first shaved it was my then girl friend that suggested it.  Most guys also tend to worry about head shape and imperfections, 99% of the time those fears are totally unfounded. 

If a woman doesn't want you cos you shave your head.... gee all I can say is there are plenty of other fish in the sea.

If you are worried about pics, some guys do choose to obscure their face initially, but a few pics and you will get plenty  of advice, and this really is a pretty safe place to do that. We are from all sorts of backgrounds, all sorts of walks of life, the common factor is that we have accepted baldness either from nature or primarily at a razor.

Personally I accept my baldness fully, though if I had a full head of hair naturally I'm sure I wouldn't have shaved, but there is no point stressing over that point
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline tunatamaker

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 09:49:49 PM »
Okay here are my before and after pic.  My hair originally wasn't that bad, but figured since people could notice thinning, i better shave sooner than later.  Any advice on how to improve look would be appreciated.  I am also considering growing stubble on my head. Thoughts on that?    I dont want to grow a full beard but would sport stubble. 

BTW, Most people kept asking me why I shaved my head.  Didn't know how to answer and just said because I felt like it..

With Contacts

With Glasses

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 09:53:32 PM by tunatamaker »

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 12:14:27 AM »
don't sweat it mate, you wear it well, sure it's a big change so people will ask, combined with you probably noticed the hair loss more than others too.
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 01:10:05 AM »
Looks great you do not need to change anything.  As to an answer, you got it, its a choice, a hairstyle.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 06:05:49 AM »
You look great shaven.  With such a vhsangr people have to make a comment.  It is your choice of hair style.  Shortly everyone will accept it as you.

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 07:10:57 AM »
Congratulations on your decision, which was a great one.  Looking great!!

Offline tunatamaker

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 01:53:04 PM »
I have never noticed this before but I have 4-5 moles on my head.  Should I get them removed for "looks".  Is it expensive if its for cosmetic reason...

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 07:41:58 PM »
I think you look great clean shaven head and face.  My personal preference is the photo of you without glasses.  Ever thought about contact lenses.

Offline tunatamaker

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 07:03:40 AM »
Yeah I wear contacts in public.  But glasses when I am indoors in my apartment.  Used to wear contacts occasionally but will start wearing them more.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 01:54:32 AM »
You're one of the few people who can wear sly and non-sly well. The glasses are a nice touch. Welcome!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 05:16:10 AM »
I agree with Harry. You look just fine with hair (except you need to smile).

BUT..... that shaved with contacts look is definetly you.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 06:40:33 PM »
Hairless suits you very well, with or without glasses!

Offline StillLurking

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 09:48:33 PM »
I agree with the consensus.  You look great both ways.  The balding isn't that pronounced in the before shot. 

However, there is an extra spark to your after shots.  Maybe it is as simple as your smile.  I have to say, if you feel as good as you look in those pictures, keep it bald.

And don't worry about women - remember that we men tend to be more visual and ladies more emotional in their attraction.  Usually (not always, but usually) seeing a guy doing something like playing with a puppy or child would be enough to attract a lady, whereas if reversed a man wouldn't care, unless the lady were his idea of "hot."

And even if a woman were going to judge, they are usually (not always, but usually) more turned off by overweight, overage, or messy attire than baldness, anyway.  And you seem in shape enough, young enough, and tidy enough that, if it were an issue, the baldness would be a minor one.

Offline Calvo1029

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 09:15:44 PM »
You look great! I was 29 the first time I shaved, I got some questions but I was sick and tired of how thin it looked. I also got a lot of compliments and I am sure you will as well.
If only I could figure out how to get rid of the hair that still comes back...