Author Topic: Does this still happen to you "long-time Sly Guys"?  (Read 10876 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Does this still happen to you "long-time Sly Guys"?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2015, 07:32:42 AM »
The next time someone tries to convince you to grow your hair back, tell them that they would look much better with a shaved head and see what kind of reaction you get.

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 06:12:11 AM »
I'm only 3 months into the game, but there's one woman I work with who always tells me how much better I looked with hair and I should grow it back. I always think about telling her that she looked better 20 lbs lighter and should lose weight, but I'm too nice of a guy to do it.
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2015, 07:41:51 AM »
Pay no attention to women.  I never have!  ;)

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2015, 09:06:12 AM »
Yep, after 2.5 years of shaving my head, I have one friend that has known me since my teens that says she misses my hair. The other dozens of friends are used to it, even comment that they like smooth shiny look. So when I go over to her house, I wear a cap, and she doesn't comment on my lack of hair.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2015, 02:01:46 PM »
I'm only 3 months into the game, but there's one woman I work with who always tells me how much better I looked with hair and I should grow it back. I always think about telling her that she looked better 20 lbs lighter and should lose weight, but I'm too nice of a guy to do it.

This kind of thing always reminds me of a quote attributed to Winston Churchill - Once at a dinner party, when he had had too much to drink the lady seated next to him declared; "Mr. Churchill, you are drunk"!  To which he reported replied; "Yes madam, perhaps I am; but tomorrow I will be sober and you will still be a fool"!

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2017, 06:54:40 AM »
I wouldn't worry about it. I started shaving my head in 1982 when I was 22. Everybody knows me as a bald man. Friends have told me they cannot imagine me with my old horseshoe flat top or clipper shave.