Author Topic: Eyebrows, Eyebrows, Eyebrows  (Read 31691 times)

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
Re: Eyebrows, Eyebrows, Eyebrows
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 09:55:34 PM »
I dye my brows to make them thicker. nice to finally see you Nate.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline natedraven

• Sly Guy in Training
    • Bald Guy Secrets | The One Website Every Bald Man Should Visit
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 07:13:30 AM »
Thanks Kalbo,

I remember those days when I was "debating" on whether to shave me head. It was a traumatic time for me at first. I can only imagine what some guys go through. How eyebrows play a part in the process shocked me to be honest. Your so focused on shaving your head that you don't realize other factors becoming heightened. I think I would have done my buddy a disservice If I didn't tell him he looked "better" (I was happy for him, other people were not so nice) with a bit of short hair rather than completely bald. In his case it made sense. He then grew a nice close shaven look and it gave him just enough color. Now it looks great.

We're all going bald or we like the bald look. More usually the former. It is nice to know we have options.

Offline meanderthal

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 04:28:07 AM »
So my eyebrows are about 1.5mm at this point after trimming them and i'm trying to decide if i should just shave them off. i think at this point it would matter either way.

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2014, 05:40:50 AM »
I used to have fair but quite thick & bushy brows. One time, when I went to the barber for my regular head shave, the barber asked if i wanted my brows trimmed, I said that would be fine. However, the barber accidentally thinned & trimmed them a little too much. He apologized and I said it was ok. I then said to him to just shave what was left of them off completely. Although, I was a bit nervous as to how I would look after the shave, I kind of liked the transformation to completely sly dude. Afterwards, a few folks got a bit of a shock, whilst some admired the look. Now, every time I shave my head, which is roughly every 2 days, I also shave the brow stubble for the completely clean look.

Folks are now used to seeing me being bald & browless and most folks like the look. My wife thinks I look better shaved smooth - both head and brows, and wants me to stay that way for good.
BaldBill

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2014, 06:05:38 AM »
i have been shaving my eyebrows for some years now. 

Offline Bizarro

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2014, 07:33:11 AM »
Shave them!

They will grow to 1.5mm in few days. If you dont like it, is not a problem.

02kpjw@gmail.com

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2014, 09:25:03 AM »
I would say to keep the eye brows,  but it is what makes you feel best about ones self.
It is like bald or keep hair on head  what works and to heck with what someone else might say.

02kpjw@gmail.com

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2014, 10:06:50 AM »
When I posted my response I just realized that I look like I do not  have eyebrows, but actually I do.  They are just very light.  In my years past I had very light blond hair and that is the only blond I have or had left.  Before bald ,  I was very gray.

Offline meanderthal

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2014, 05:45:43 AM »
I did not end up shaving them, but they are still quite short. Maybe when the next long weekend comes up i can try. I'm around people all the time and i'm nervous, kind of like the first time i shaved my head. people asked why i did it and i told them " i just wanted to " but i feel it may be different for brows..... the itch is not going away though!

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2014, 10:47:10 AM »
I trim mine quite short, but never shave them off completely.

Offline Hieu Tran

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2014, 02:51:37 AM »
I think shave eyebrows off completely also a good choice. Maybe it will look weird but after sometime, it will become normal when people around you accepted your outlook.

Offline meanderthal

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2014, 03:20:11 AM »
I ended up doing it on Saturday. That was a RUSH i haven't felt in a long time and was not expecting! I like the look but like most people say, it may not bode well with my employer.

Will post pics when i'm able to edit it down to the acceptable size.

02kpjw@gmail.com

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2014, 09:10:40 AM »
Good for you and do not worry about others.  I will not consider shaving my brows but as my picture shows,  you cannot see them anyway. Eye brows have a purpose.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2014, 10:08:00 AM »
I trim mine occasionaly, but have never considered shaving them off.  I makes a bold statement for those that go from dark to none, not so much for those with light coloring.
SlyBeard

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2014, 08:45:34 AM »
Mine smear my glasses and I keep them down. I started shaving them daily 20 years ago.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 02:15:14 AM by skinhead002 »