Author Topic: 30 Day Rule - Video - Dealing with hair loss  (Read 107613 times)

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
Re: 30 Day Rule - Video
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 01:41:55 PM »
Thanks to the encouragement of all you guy's & the encouraging video I've been smooth bald for the last month & a half.
I shave twice a day, almost every day now.

It's become a habit I think !
BaldBill

Offline Chromeo

• Sly
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2011, 11:05:46 PM »
Woops, I missed day 6 but I'm smooth right now.

Offline melkins22

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2011, 08:08:39 PM »
great vid man!
<>MIKE<>

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2011, 09:49:46 PM »
I'm happy to report that I am still shaving smooth every day now, sometimes twice a day even !! Been a smooth-head for almost four months continuously. This is a record for me.
BaldBill

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2011, 02:23:01 PM »
I'm seven weeks in and have only missed two days of shaving.  I'm a complete convert to the smooth dome and have on a few occasions shaved twice a day to stay smooth and sly.

The 30 day rule is a must.  Early on, it was easy to get discouraged because of razor burn, bumps, strays, etc., but I found myself trying different ways to shave to get smoother and with less irritation.  30 days gives time to try methods and get used to the look and feel.  At first my scalp was really sensitive to cool air (like from A/C) and even felt different to the touch.  Now, it's far less so - in fact, it feels like the rest of the skin on my head.

I don't know of other sly guys have had this experience, but I now have a hard time recalling what I looked like with hair and what it was like to have a head of hair.  It's only seven weeks of sly versus decades of hair, but now in my mind's eye, I'm a bald guy.  It looks natural to me and when I look at pictures of me with hair, they look strange!  Has anyone else had this same kind of experience?

Offline 1GoZoom

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2011, 02:17:20 AM »
I'm in!  I'm so nervous about losing the hair I worked so hard for over the years, but time to become a sly bald guy.  :)  Works perfectly with the fact my frat bro/best friend are going out next weekend.  Might get some girl(s) to rub my head.  :P

Offline usmcpelon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2011, 09:35:07 AM »
Tyler can you post the 30 day rule?  I need detail for a friend whose loosing his hair.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2011, 10:24:37 PM »
Tyler can you post the 30 day rule?  I need detail for a friend whose loosing his hair.

The 30 day rule is simple - Shave your head to the skin for 30 days straight.  After 30 days then you can make a decision if you like or not.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2011, 11:15:01 PM »

The 30 day rule is simple - Shave your head to the skin for 30 days straight.  After 30 days then you can make a decision if you like or not.
I made the decision since the very first day, lol:D
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2011, 06:55:23 AM »
When I first started using the razor, for the first 15 days or so I shaved with the grain (I may have missed a day or two in that stretch)...It looked different, but I still felt some stubble...so I tried against the grain for the next seven days and it felt smoother, but I broke out with razor bumps in a few spots...Although I think the video is good, in my case after the 30 days were up, I started shaving every third or fourth day and got better results. I usually wait till I get just enough visible stubble so I can get a smoother shave every time. Do any of you guys still do the everyday thing or do you wait a couple of days, just curious?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 03:41:28 PM by sirharry12 »
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2011, 08:20:07 AM »
When I first started using the razor, for the first 15 days or so I shaved with the grain (I may have missed a day or two in that stretch)...It looked different, but I still felt some stubble...so I tried against the grain for the next seven days and it felt smoother, but I broke out with razor bumps in a few spots...Although I think the video is good, in my case after the 30 days were up, I started shaving every third or fourth day and got better results. I usually wait till I get just enough visible stubble so I can get a smoother shave every time? Do any of you guys still do the everyday thing or do you wait a couple of days, just curious?

I shave with the grain, re-lather, then shave against the grain and then I feel for missed spots and clean it up. I shave every day (although may skip or miss the occasional Saturday or Sunday).  Someone on the board advised me to re-lather between the with and without grain passes and it is the key for me to avoid any irritation.

For me, just doing with the grain isn't smooth enough and just against the grain seems to make the razor pull.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2011, 04:38:44 AM »
I shave everyday against the grain to get a smooth shave. The key is to prepare your scalp well and keep it moist while you shave. Wash wellan use a mild scrub / exfoliant, lather up and shave. If you make multiple passes, re-lather to keep the skin lubricated. It's normal to get a little irritation at first, but the skin on your scalp will toughen up as it becomes accustomed to being shaved and the irritation will diminish. Also, use a sharp blade - you'll need to replace the blade more frequently than when you just shaved your face.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2011, 02:55:18 PM »

Hey Tyler,

That was a great video on the 30 day rule. I enjoyed it and the message is so true.

Take care and Happy New Year. Hope that you had a great Christmas Holiday.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2011, 04:23:58 PM »
Thanks Joe!! I hope you had a great Christmas and have a fantastic New Years!

Hey Tyler,

That was a great video on the 30 day rule. I enjoyed it and the message is so true.

Take care and Happy New Year. Hope that you had a great Christmas Holiday.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2012, 05:36:12 PM »
Three days in. I haven't told anyone about the 30 day sly look test - expect here !

Went to the pub this evening to see my pals. I really expected them to say something about the new bald look. I didn't say anything and I got no comments from them either. Just a regular night. They keep no secrets from me. So I guess they just didn't notice. Perhaps the new look just looks normal to everyone.

In fact, no one as said anything at all ... yet.