Author Topic: 30 Day Rule - Video - Dealing with hair loss  (Read 107592 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
30 Day Rule - Video - Dealing with hair loss
« on: March 01, 2010, 11:23:29 PM »

As mentioned in the video, the 30 Day Rule is simple, yet powerful.  Many of the guys here have gone through the process of shaving their head for 30 days straight and have loved how they feel when they get through those 30 days.  If you're struggling with your hair loss, do yourself a favor and follow the 30 Day Rule!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 12:13:22 AM by Tyler »

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
Re: 30 Day Rule - Video
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 07:16:39 AM »
I think this would be a great addition to a "beginners" section.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 01:20:50 PM »
YEP.... the "30 day rule"... the unwritten rule here at www.slybaldguys.com.  since... i have passed the "30 day rule", i have been "scraping" my dome smooooooth 4 over 2 1/2 years.  the sly life gets better each and every day. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

usmcpelon

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 08:16:59 AM »
For me, it was difficult to do the first 30 days rule.  I felt out of place everywhere I went.  I could feel it in my ears that people were staring at my bald head and making fun of it.  I felt uncomfortable at church being the only bald guy.  The most comfortable place it work.  My coworkers are all former military men and bald by choice.  It was important to keep the bald look just like everybody else.  So getting used to a complete shaved head was agonizing because I couldn’t stand the rigors of daily shaving.  No matter what products or methods I used, the dreaded nicks and irritation was difficult to overcome.  It took me about a week before my scalp got used to the daily shaving routine.  I already knew the water in our area was not the healthiest, and so I found water filter that can filter out the harmful effects of chlorine in the water.  I also found Smooth Citizen Natural products that have help tremendously with my daily shaving routine. 
So one of the most essential things to do first to protect and keep your bald head in good clean health is to get a shower filter that will filter out the chlorine in the water.  Removing chlorine, bleaching and drying agent from your water is not only going to be good for your health, but it will rejuvenates and moisturizes your skin, reducing skin dryness, flakiness and rashes.  Imagine what it will do for our bald heads. 
The first thing I do before shaving my head, is take a warm shower followed by cleansing my head with Smooth Citizen head cleaner.  It invigorates the scalp without striping away any vital oil and moisture from you bald head.  It leaves your skin smoother and healthy looking.  Then I apply Smooth Citizen Natural Shaving cream for a smooth, clean, skin tight bald head.    It provides lubrication for a very close shave and reduces the risk of nicks and irritation. Natural Shaving Cream leaves your scalp and your face feeling fresh and smooth.  With these products I can press firmly against the skin for a tighter looking head shave.  With other products, I would noticed and feel the stubble by noon.  Not with Smooth Citizen products.  I can still feel that smooth closed shave when I get home at 6 o’clock in the evening.  They make the next morning shave more comfortable and easier since there is very like stubble in the morning.

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 09:57:18 PM »
YEP.... the "30 day rule"... the unwritten rule here at www.slybaldguys.com.  since... i have passed the "30 day rule", i have been "scraping" my dome smooooooth 4 over 2 1/2 years.  the sly life gets better each and every day. O0

WARHAWK O0

I'm with Warhawk , Tyler pretty much nailed it and most importantly how if you follow that 30 day rule  that it can be that light at the end of the tunnel for anyone that is having turmoil or going through all those issues that relate to hair loss....and it can also be not to sound cheesy or cliche, a right of passage for some people as well.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 07:03:08 PM »
Nice job Tyler...... as usual. That should give some guys something to think about.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 09:32:21 AM »
Only one way to describe the video O0 O0 O0
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 09:38:22 AM »
So Tyler that's you in the video?  Here all these months I thought you were the guy on the left in your avatar  :)

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 09:53:04 AM »
Very well said  O0

Offline waynenaz

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 08:25:19 PM »
Hey all my bald brothers I have been shaving my head for about 3 years now and loving it so walk it and talk it with pride. On a side note go suns

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 08:39:10 PM »
Good vodeo and Tyler is 100% right... don't stop short once you've started.  In 30 days you'll be glad you stuck it out!  O:O

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 08:11:42 AM »
I have been shaving my head of and on since 2006, but always seem to let my hair come back in for a while before shaving it off again.

Today marks a new day for me. I am going to go through the 30-day process of shaving my head daily. I cann't seem to get used to the idea of letting my hair grow back in again.

Should I shave my head twice a day to help me get into a routine ?
BaldBill

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 03:12:30 PM »
Once a day should be training enough. Don't overdo it. The skin has to adapt to be scraped daily.
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline phigg

• Sly
  • Show me some skin!
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 03:07:39 PM »
I've no idea, but does head hair grow that rapidly that you need to shave daily in order to keep a good "skin" look?
What if I did every other day?
Not saying much for "low maintenance" ..   :XX
Hair today.. gone tomorrow!  (sorry)

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 04:24:26 PM »
The look is almost the same on the second day, but it feels like sandpaper or velcro, that's why many prefer to shave everyday, as a part of the daily routine. Others shave every other day or even less often because of sensitive skin or other reasons. I think there are some threads about this issue in the Head Shaving section.

It's a personal preference, you will find out what is best for you.
Ach du meine Nase!