Author Topic: Anyone try waxing their head  (Read 7300 times)

Offline Gary1236

• Sly Jr.
Anyone try waxing their head
« on: February 10, 2016, 03:54:54 PM »
^ title any have experience

Offline DeanJones

• Dean Jones
  • Sly Jr.
  • Baldie for life!!!
Re: Anyone try waxing their head
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 08:52:50 PM »
I tried this once. ONCE.
I do NOT recommend it to anyone.
It did not yield the results I wanted; it did yield

1. pain
2.Irritation that was very long lasting
3.did not take that much hair off as it did skin.

Waxing is by and large for areas where there is less dense hair and the hair is pulled up by the wax. When you do it on the head, it's just too dense an area and it's not possible.

If anyone has the experience to contradict what i say, I welcome it but I think I can say with authority,

DO NOT DO THIS!
I'm bald, and I love it! Bald is the best! Bald for life!

Offline Gary1236

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 09:54:20 PM »
seems like you got a bad waxer cause i asked a friend who waxed his head and he said its painful but theres no irritation

Offline DeanJones

• Dean Jones
  • Sly Jr.
  • Baldie for life!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 11:12:40 PM »
You may  be right. I'm curious to find out any other experiences with this. Are you going to do this garret?
I'm bald, and I love it! Bald is the best! Bald for life!

Offline Gary1236

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 12:01:14 AM »
i want to try it but i heard after you wax many times hair grows back less and thinner so im kinda scared but i want to have that chrome look

Offline Gary1236

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 12:07:54 AM »
i want to have that johnny sins look lmao but the 5 oclock shadow holds me back

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 04:02:26 PM »
i want to try it but i heard after you wax many times hair grows back less and thinner so im kinda scared but i want to have that chrome look

Better make sure you really want that chrome look because after a few waxings you may be stuck with it permanently.

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 10:11:03 PM »
I have had my scalp waxed 4 times now. The first time was 6 years back and it was a horrible experience because I had a friend with no experience doing it and my hair wasn't long enough. I am bald by choice and naturally have a full head of hair. The second time was a few weeks after the first time and had better results but we ran out of wax so didn't finish. The third time was by a pro. It took her 3 hours to do about half, then she had to leave early so we finished it a week later (I wore hats the whole time since half was smooth and the rest still had long hair. The last time I did it was much much better. It took a total of 5 hours with some breaks. Each time there was bloodloss and I was told originally that blood meant the follicle was killed (not true for me). The last couple times, my scalp was swollen and looked sunburned. A couple days later, my scalp peeled like a sunburn but after that it was great. It is totally smooth for a month or so with just some fine hairs but then it all starts to grow back. In total it took about 4 months for it to get back to normal. I have a full head worth of normal thickness hair left without any gone forever/thin.

I never found a waxing place that would do it because they say it is dangerous based on the skin being thin and such. The people I have found that are willing are generally fresh out of beautician/cosmetology schools where they learn all the stuff and are willing to try. I paid about $250 for a whole scalp which covered her time and materials. Make sure your hair is at least 1/4"

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 04:06:59 PM »
Hey mike, you have any "before" photos?

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 12:12:52 PM »

I think somewhere on my instagram I posted a before waxing pic with my hair being 1/4". It took me a solid month to get my hair the right length.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 04:24:24 AM »

I think somewhere on my instagram I posted a before waxing pic with my hair being 1/4". It took me a solid month to get my hair the right length.

That's what makes this seem especially pointless.  If someone likes the bald look enough to go though the time, expense, and agony to wax it off is that really the kind of person who would tolerate having to wait a month to get hair long enough to wax?  Once it's waxed I guess follow-ups would be easier, but you'd still have to wait until the hairs grow out long enough to get trapped in the wax. 
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline peachnasty82

• Sly with a Mohawk and darn proud
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • Mohawk Sly and proud to be
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 09:09:31 AM »
Like Nair, or wax wax, dude have you watched some of the youtube videos of waxing, i would not recommend that for something as sensitive as your scalp. You might as well just scalp it with a tomahawk. >:D
I'm living my life for my entertainment, not yours deal with it.