Author Topic: Losing hair.. From my brush??  (Read 1466 times)

Offline jedge01

• Sly Jr.
  • Jim
Losing hair.. From my brush??
« on: July 12, 2013, 05:13:43 PM »
Ok, so, how many hairs do you lose from your brush each shave? I've noticed, that with the "midrange" silver tip brush I bought, that I've been losing 5-6 hairs per shave. Is this pretty normal, or did I get a bad brush? I'm afraid I don't know what the brand is  :-[ there isn't anything stamped on it, but it came from bmvintageshaving.com.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: Losing hair.. From my brush??
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 05:39:45 PM »
I've never noticed losing any from mine -- but it's a fairly expensive one ($63).

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 07:50:38 PM »
How are you storing it?  Brushes are supposed to hang with the bristles down so that the moisture drains away from the handle.  My brush sheds because I was storing it incorrectly at first.

Offline jedge01

• Sly Jr.
  • Jim
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 10:42:58 PM »
I do store it sitting on the handle. I'll see if I can find a stand for it and try that. Thanks a lot guys.

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 01:37:31 PM »
Try shaking it out until no more water flies out. I give mine about 15-20 shakes. My brush is a cheap badger brush. I still lose hairs every so often but not nearly as much as before.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 07:15:11 AM »
I store my brush on a stand so it is hanging, I only shake it out gently as I read a vigorous or flicking shake can loosen the hairs. So a couple of very light shakes of the brush, then gently squeeze with a towel and lightly buff the tips dry on the towel to make to brush fluffy again

I honestly have only seen it loose 2-3 hairs in the beginning and then none since then
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Enter your email address: