Author Topic: Poss receding hairline or just bad hairline  (Read 7005 times)

Offline Colestaton_55

• Learning the way of Sly
Poss receding hairline or just bad hairline
« on: September 26, 2017, 06:58:46 AM »
Hello new here first post so ive been thinking of shaving my head recently because im really self conscious about my hairline ill post some pics now and one or through the years. Im 22 years old and am not sure what i want to do because its making me feel bad about myself any imputnis appreciated.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Poss receding hairline or just bad hairline
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 07:54:24 AM »
Hi,

And welcome. So, the question is, do you want to keep it, or shave it? You can keep it, and work with what you have. Sloppy Emo hair, mohwak, etc. If you really hate it, then shave it.

You have certainly come to the right place.

Let the boys here know what we we can do for you.

Best of luck.

DD

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 08:21:28 AM »
Personally, I made the decision many years before thinning/balding started that I would rather shave at the first sign of it, and that is what I did.  But for me, it did not start until mu late 40's. 

Like Dober said, you can choose a hairstyle that works with the hair you have and buy some time.  Those styles either did not exist for me, or were not really good for an old guy.  Just remember, the thinning will likely continue and at some point you will not be able to cover the issue with a hairstyle other than shaving.  Most guys that shave due to thinning/balding are relieved of the stress and really like it.
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 09:47:14 PM »
 I am a barber and I'll tell you the truth .   your hair is definitely both receding interning look at the picture of you in your uniform and look at you now .

having said that you certainly don't have to shave it there's a whole bunch of things you can do but I would change the style that you currently have .   it's too long right niw.   it is actually accentuating the thinning.   try a nice tight fade with top that's go longer than an inch and a half you can brush it over you can mess it up whatever .   if you don't like that go for a tight fade with the number three or sugar buzz on the top of the shorter the better you want to get the hair off of the sides of your head so that makes was left on top look like there's more there than it really is .

if you want to shave it you can but you don't have to .   if you do choose to shave it you're gonna look really good you have fine.
 features

but what  I really think you should do is show us the rest of the ink from what I can see you have some incredible art going on there!   A lot of guys on this board are really into ink

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 07:27:02 AM »
Yes, definitely receding, and making you look older.

I see young guys your age all over with shaved heads. Most are BBC because it's currently stylish. Take the plunge and shave it smooth. If you don't like it, you can grow it to a buzzcut in a couple weeks. If you stick to the 30 day rule, you will probably keep the sly look.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline brannon67

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 01:56:19 PM »
Oh yeah man, receding and thinning. Been there, done that.

Enter your email address: