Author Topic: Howdy from SE Michigan  (Read 3114 times)

Offline chazz1975

• Learning the way of Sly
Howdy from SE Michigan
« on: March 17, 2017, 08:34:41 PM »
Howdy from SE Michigan.  I am 42, and have been shaving my head since 2003.  Started losing my hair when I was in college.  I have used various methods over the years, a few electrics made by Braun, but mostly disposable razors.  Tried the Headblade classic, Schick Tracer, Schick Extreme 3, Gillette Sensor, Dollar Shave Club twin blades, and tried a double-edged safety razor for the last few weeks.  The Safety razor was a failure, have cut myself worse each time I use it, and the razor burn was horrendous.  Today I bought a headblade Moto and tried it.  It seemed cheap and gimmicky when I took it out of the package, but I was impressed by the shave it gave me. 
     A little about me.  I am a Paramedic/ER tech, I spent 18 years on ambulances before going to work for a hospital in 2015.  Some of my hobbies include shooting black powder/muzzleloading guns, casual astronomy, cooking, and going to the movies.  In the winter I like to go snowshoeing, but the last two years we haven't had enough snow to make a footprint here.  I have also started going to the gym 3 days a week for health reasons, as I have been a diabetic since 2002. 
     Anyhoo, that is me in a nutshell.  I am hoping to learn about some of your skin/scalp care routines and what is and isn't working for others. 

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: Howdy from SE Michigan
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 09:07:02 PM »
Welcome Chaz ,  you have a number of interesting hobbies . Good group of members on this forum.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 12:38:21 AM »
Welcome from Australia Chaz.  I have been shaving since 2004 and for some years have been using a Gillette Sensor 3 which gives a good shave and is inexpensive.
Roger

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 12:04:58 PM »
Welcome, Chazz
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 02:36:29 PM »
Welcome!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.