Author Topic: especially to the Bald By Choice guys  (Read 14464 times)

Offline frank_m

• Sly Jr.
Re: especially to the Bald By Choice guys
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2007, 02:19:08 PM »
thx frank m for your input.

the meds anyway dont work forever. so some time i will have to face the bald truth anyway. maybe if im lucky hair multiplication comes out in the next 5-10 years and is affordable and good.

let me see how good or not good i can get my hair. i can always decide to stop taking the meds. for now i try to accept my hair how it is , as tough as this is for me.

now i know at least that my hair is in very bad shape.  :XX

Andy,

If you know the meds won't work forever then why waste your time & euro's on them?  You are only fooling yourself and potential girls.  If you land a date now and then it all falls out won't that feel like you held something back?   

Also, if you are dropping about 130 euro's a month on this now, it will only continue to get more expensive.. imagine if you invested that into stocks or bonds?   (I wish I did years ago when I would spend $$ on stuff that I wish I never did)

it may seem like small money to you now, but once you take on expenses like a house, car etc., it all adds up.... but hey, possibly you have a huge bank account that will keep you happy for the rest of your life... if you do... AWESOME!

I guess I don't like seeing anybody going through something that they need not.
You've already taken the biggest step, and that's to shave it all off and be done with it, many people have a hard time getting there and taking that first step, I saw your photo of you with long hair, and I must say that it was quite obvious that you are thinning.  At the point you are at now, you can just get on with your life, stop worrying about who is going to notice, what meds are available, and what treatments are available as well, focus on dating instead.

You have written some lengthy questions, but it ultimately it sounds like you want somebody to give you the secret solution, or the answer you want to hear.

You look fine sly / buzzed, much better than you did with long thin wispy hair, and I think most girls would agree with that too, yes there are some girls that do not like a guy with short / buzzed / sly head... guess you won't date or marry a girl that feels that way.

I know I'm an 'older guy' but I doubt you could tell that I'm over 25 years old, I still get carded for liquor.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 09:46:40 PM »

the meds  dont work .    i can always decide to stop taking the meds.   :XX

dude, you may want to look into a different kind. like say for add/adhd/ocd.  or at least back off on the coffee.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Andy007

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm maybe not sly, but that's ok :)
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2007, 02:58:33 PM »
i decided it. i will stay on the meds. so im soon  :px  ;D

Offline Andy007

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2007, 03:00:04 PM »
or well actually the buzz cut is not that bad. :) but shaved sly bald just isnt for me.

i hope you accept that.  :Xo!     ;)

Offline frank_m

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2007, 03:37:26 PM »
or well actually the buzz cut is not that bad. :) but shaved sly bald just isnt for me.

i hope you accept that.  :Xo!     ;)

Andy,

The question is not what we accept, it is what you accept.  Don't try to please the people on this forum.. It is all about you

Offline Andy007

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2007, 04:52:09 PM »
good, thank you very much for this statement.  O0

i will let my grow again. even if it might look bad. but i hope not so.

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 11:07:25 AM »
well, you are bald by choice, but if you could choose , would you like to be really bald or bald by choice?

and to the really bald guys (umm that  sounds stupid "really bald" and "not really bald"  ;D) , if you could choose, would you choose hair (which you could shave sly bald then) or not hair?

thx for your answers. im really interested in this. because actually i am in this situation where i can choose if i want hair or no hair, bald or not bald. (im taking meds).

I always wanted to shave since high school.  The day I finally did it was exhilarating.  Taking hair treatment drugs is up to you, but know that it will be expensive, it will be a lifetime commitment, and it won't be a cure.  Most importantly, know that these days, others don't really care much if you're bald because it's now a hip look.  Take a look at my sig and do what feels best for you!

Offline willjames

• sly all the way
  • Learning the way of Sly
  • sly all the way
    • baldbookgeek my youtube
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2017, 04:12:43 AM »
i know I'm late posting here but i would want to be bald 100% if i could have it never grow back i would
never look back

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2017, 06:37:54 AM »
Taking meds for hair loss is like pouring money down a drain. You are, what you are.

For me, being bald is the best.

I think it would suit you OP.

You are only postponing the inevitable and maybe harming your health by taking those 'drugs'.

Take care friend

Offline Oto

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2017, 02:32:49 PM »
I have a full head but love to shave my head smooth with razor. It's a ritual and I have fun doing it during the bath. Sometimes I let it grow again for some time just for the pleasure of shaving it all again. 1st full headshave was 15 yrs ago... love the feel.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2017, 09:39:22 PM »
I went BBC for two reasons: chronic dandruff that even the best shampoos didn't help and curiosity about how I'd look. That was, I think, almost 4 1/2 years ago. Now I wish the hair would just stop growing so I could be bald permanently without shaving.
Hair is over rated.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2017, 11:28:51 AM »
Even if shaving my head daily didn't cure my dermatitis issue, I would still choose a bald head. I like how it looks and feels. I also thoroughly enjoy the routine of shaving. After over 4 years , I look in the mirror and think, I can't believe I'm shaving my head bald. One of the benefits is not having snow white hair, just a nicely tanned dome. And at my age, I really don't care what anyone else thinks, I can just please myself.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline brannon67

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2017, 07:26:07 AM »
I not BBC, Im MPB. The only way I would want hair again, would be if it were thick, full coverage, low hairline on an inch high forehead, with no recession or thinning to worry about ever. Other then that, shave the sparse crap off and move on.

Offline brannon67

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2017, 04:58:16 PM »
I loved having a shaved(down to the skin) head, but if I had a choice, the only way I would want hair, would be if I had a head full of thick hair, an inch forehead, no receding or thinning out to be found. That's the only way I would want hair again. No thinning, no receding, no strands of hair trying to cover a sparse dome. So, yes, I would love to have a choice to shave, not to shave, grow my hair out long, medium, flat top, shave it for ashadow look, etc. I don't have the luxury anymore, now that I'm 50, and slap dab in the MPB phase of m life. I shave my head down to the skin, and soon, I will be shaving my dome slick. No horse shoe Bozo the clown look for me. Cant stand that. Just saying. I'm not knocking if some men want to do that, whatever, but that's not my look personally. To each their own.