Author Topic: The Christmas hair growth experiment  (Read 6546 times)

Offline Wil87

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Low Lie The Fields of Athenry
The Christmas hair growth experiment
« on: January 03, 2017, 05:08:35 AM »
Hello all,

(quick history) Been a very long time since I last posted, life took over, now have a good job and a beautiful daughter, but SBG posts kept popping up on my Facebook so had the itch to return. I started losing my hair age 19/20 and the guys on this site helped me immensely and I shaved my head at 21 based upon the help from the bros! I am now nearly 30 and still sly, so I guess you could say its a keeper.

However, I did over the festive period, for the first time in 5 years, tried not shaving my head or trimming my beard.... Needless to say, my hair hasn't miraculously decided to grow thick and luxurious again and I still cannot grow an epic lumberjack worthy beard. I caught a couple of pictures that people took of me during the growing period and I was shocked. Last night I shaved my head and trimmed my beard and I can honestly say, I look at least 5/7 years younger and despite being sly for so many years, the confidence that returned was instantaneous

Anyone who is on the fence, if the inevitable is happening/has happened make 2017 your year and grab the razor by the horns, as it were.

Hope to post a lot more again, sorry for the long post and I hope everyone is well.

Current shaving rig: Gillette Mach 3 (since day one), Molton Brown pre shave scrub, Molton Brown shave Gel, bit of after sun lotion for post shave and some moisturizer

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: The Christmas hair growth experiment
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 07:26:47 AM »
Well, the picture in your profile looks fantastic, so no wonder you've stuck with the shaved dome!

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 07:47:36 AM »
I agree, your profile pic looks great!

Offline Wil87

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Low Lie The Fields of Athenry
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 08:10:32 AM »
Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 01:29:47 PM »
I have also done the holiday regrowth a few time to to see how much hair I have lost since the previous time.  I started shaving a the first sign of thinning, when my family and friends could not notice the thinning, about 7 years ago.  Now, the top of my head is almost completely bald.
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 11:26:18 PM »
Do you have any of those pics of you with the regrowth that you could share?

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 12:45:34 PM »
I do not have photo, but it was not a pretty sight.
SlyBeard

Offline Nude Nut

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 08:17:54 AM »
Interesting reading your post. I have occasionally gone a few days without shaving and I am always intrigued to see how I look with regrowth. I always note that it's getting sparser up top and the sides are gray. I think I look older with regrowth. No surprises I guess, I recognise & like myself better bald than the alternative, so can never see me having hair any time soon.