Author Topic: "I'm too _______ to shave my head."  (Read 6310 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
"I'm too _______ to shave my head."
« on: December 18, 2008, 07:47:43 PM »
Fill in the blank with whatever excuse you want.   The usual ones are "pale", "thin" or "fat".   And usually they are just excuses.   We can always find reasons not to do something.  But the truth is, if you've joined this site, it's because you either want to shave your head, or you've reluctantly decided that it's your best option for dealing with MPB.  Either way, you owe it to yourself to give sly a try.

Change is often scary -- even when it's a change for the better.  Shaving your head can be an important first step to making other meaningful changes in your life.  For one thing, it sends your confidence levels through the roof (once you make it through the initial stages of uncertainty).  Even if you don't love the way it looks, knowing that you had the guts to actually do it gives you a great feeling of pride. 

Shaving your head won't solve all of your problems -- but it will solve the problem of hair you're not happy with, and allow you to focus on other things that may need work.  If you think you look too pale, fat, thin, or whatever, the solution is not to grow your hair back.  You'll still be too pale/fat/thin, only hairier.   If you're too pale, work on getting a little tan, if you can.  Or try some facial hair which will add some color to your face.  Try wearing different colors that don't make you look as pale. 

If you're too thin or too fat -- join a gym and work on building some muscle and/or losing some body fat. That is one of the most positive changes that can result in being sly.  A better physique will give you even more confidence and more than offsets any negative associations people may have with baldness.  And more importantly, you'll be a healthier person.

You have the power to transform yourself into a whole new person, if you really want to.  You just have to not be afraid to try it, and don't chicken out and revert back to the old version of you because you're initially a bit uncomfortable with the changes.  Stop resisting and just let it happen.  In the end, you'll be glad that you did, and sorry that you waited so long.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: "I'm too _______ to shave my head."
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 07:49:38 PM »
Those are words of wisdom, Razor.  Very well said!!! O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline pharmer

• Sly Jr.
  • lurking...
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 10:23:05 PM »
Another great thread by RazorX.  Thank you for your contributions.  I may print this one and post it on my bathroom mirror. 

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 10:29:25 PM »
Another great thread by RazorX.  Thank you for your contributions.  I may print this one and post it on my bathroom mirror. 
i may do that too. damn fine post razor. very well said.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 11:09:50 PM »
Thanks coach! O0

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 03:20:20 AM »
Good one Razor !!    O0     

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 05:37:11 AM »
Way to go Razor, great post there.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Wil87

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Low Lie The Fields of Athenry
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 09:19:57 AM »
Awesome post Razor, your so wise!  O0

marty22

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 09:26:52 AM »
Happy Holidays Razor X!

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 09:47:00 AM »
Sly. Bald. And wise too. RazorX rocks!!!
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 09:53:00 AM »
hey razor:  that is an excellent post. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 10:00:28 AM »
Yes, outstanding!

Thank you.

J

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 03:09:43 PM »
Thanks, everyone.  Merry Christmas and/or Happy Chanukah to all of you as well. 8)

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 03:11:11 PM »
Razor.....You Da Mannnnn!!!
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline miserable_soul

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 03:56:18 PM »
I'm too_____ to shave my head....... Bald?  remember that 70s gameshow match game? razorx is the new school gene rayburn.   my answer is that i'm too sexy to shave my head.