Author Topic: Don't know if this is for me  (Read 16069 times)

Offline bartie

• Learning the way of Sly
Don't know if this is for me
« on: March 31, 2017, 11:00:36 AM »
OK , so I took the plunge (almost) and got my hair buzzed down to a 1. I've been thinning up top for years and was always thinking about going bald but never really pulled the trigger. I'm not convinced that this is a look I should keep, what do you guys think ?

This is me at what I think is my best , but only lasts for about 1.5 to 2 weeks after a haircut : http://i.imgur.com/lKc9KzG.jpg . I was also in a little better shape than I am now.   

This is me what I would consider normal nowadays  : http://i.imgur.com/YoJpfWt.png  .

And this is the day before I decided to get it buzzed down.  :  http://i.imgur.com/Nquewuy.jpg 

This is me with the fresh buzz : http://i.imgur.com/kcQZw03.jpg  . 

And no glasses:  http://i.imgur.com/pp9MyEq.jpg  . 

Anyway not sure how I feel about this, I might keep it for a bit to see if I get used to it. I also think I should have went with the full shave or 000 because you can still see my hairline.  However I do feel that the first pic is the best, it just gets annoying getting a haircut every 2 weeks .

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Don't know if this is for me
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 11:13:57 AM »
I am a professional barber and this is my personal opinion for you:

You have reached the point of hair loss that there is no point in even attempting to keep it. 

You look the very best clean shaven or, at least tightly buzzed and no glasses.

Many of the guys here on the board think that one has to compensate for the lack of hair on th4 head by growing a beard.  In your case this is the worst thing that you could do.  You need to keep your face clean shaven or, at worst, a one day stubble.  You have a great cleft chin and cupids bow. DO NOT HIDE them with a beard.

If you go clean shaven and no more than a very tight buzz people's attention will be drawn to your eyes and and that extremely masculine chin/mouth.

DO IT NOW!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 01:14:05 PM »
I think the short buzz suits you well. But if you go all the way, you have a nice headshape and great beard coverage.  In the end, it's all in what you want or like.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 10:04:13 PM »
the #1 is perfect. looks confident as hell. keep it and your worries are over.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 10:57:05 PM »
What ever you like is best.  They all look good in my opinion.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline GoHabs

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 05:00:28 AM »
I am a professional barber and this is my personal opinion for you:

You have reached the point of hair loss that there is no point in even attempting to keep it. 

You look the very best clean shaven or, at least tightly buzzed and no glasses.

Many of the guys here on the board think that one has to compensate for the lack of hair on th4 head by growing a beard.  In your case this is the worst thing that you could do.  You need to keep your face clean shaven or, at worst, a one day stubble.  You have a great cleft chin and cupids bow. DO NOT HIDE them with a beard.

If you go clean shaven and no more than a very tight buzz people's attention will be drawn to your eyes and and that extremely masculine chin/mouth.

DO IT NOW!

Great advice.  I don't understand why everyone with a shaved head feels the need to grow facial hair.  Show off that strong chin boys!

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 05:24:05 AM »
I agree with semi sly, for you that is a good look

Offline bartie

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 01:57:37 PM »
Thanks guys! What a great community.

Decided to go with a no guard buzz and shave the beard for now. I'm definitely liking it so far, though from the side my head shape is sort of weird, but nothing I can do about that.

Buzzing my own hair was more difficult than I thought it would be, especially the back, so I might start shaving as it seems easier and quicker.

Either way thanks for the help and support !

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 06:47:47 AM »
Wow!  You look great and you look confident!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 06:31:58 PM »
Your head shape is fine. It just takes time to adjust to a new look.  You look great with the tight buzz.  I also thought the beard looked great on you.  You look fine without it but I strongly disagree with the notion that growing your beard out is the worst thing you could do.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2017, 11:40:58 PM »
You look... amazing... you have a very handsome face, and the cleft chin is very... striking.

I actually think the stubble look, all around, is a great look for you.

But the full beard is a great option for you.

Tough guy!

:)

S.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2017, 07:56:02 AM »
Thanks guys! What a great community.

Decided to go with a no guard buzz and shave the beard for now. I'm definitely liking it so far, though from the side my head shape is sort of weird, but nothing I can do about that.

Buzzing my own hair was more difficult than I thought it would be, especially the back, so I might start shaving as it seems easier and quicker.

Either way thanks for the help and support !
Totally rock'n it. Keep it and any hair worries be gone.