Author Topic: 24 contemplating head shape  (Read 11362 times)

Offline sirstroud

• Learning the way of Sly
24 contemplating head shape
« on: August 18, 2016, 05:43:21 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm 24, have a bald Dad and am starting to thin at the back and front. It's not noticeable in the picture. Within a couple of years I will be quite bald I imagine. I am trying to contemplate my head shape, I've got a long face and a large forehead. Do I start looking for treatment or let nature take its course? I recently had my hair cut and obviously looked a lot better with long hair. My head shape is really getting to me now with the balding...

« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 05:57:36 PM by sirstroud »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: 24 contemplating head shape
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 07:31:09 PM »
Nearly everyone worries about his head shape. Those worries awe unwarranted 99% of the time.  Your head shape looks fine and from the look of things it will be quite some time before you need to worry about going bald.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 09:02:26 PM »
You look like you have excellent coverage to me...No need to shave it just yet unless it's something you want to try.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline WanderingSid23

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 12:03:55 AM »
I think your headshape will be fine. Your face isn't that long, it has a longer apearance because of the way your hair is cut and the goatee which adds length to a face. I think if you keep a full beard when you shave your head it will not be long at all!!

Offline Vince

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 07:59:18 AM »
Your hair looks fine to me.  I would leave it and enjoy it while you have it.  It is good that you are thinking about your future now though because if it is truly thinning now, then it will only get worse in time.

One day you will need to make a decision on what to do, but not today.

If you want to see what your head shape really looks like, you can do a buzz cut.  Remember it's only hair.  You can always grow it back if you don't like the buzz cut.

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 09:06:20 AM »
Nearly everyone worries about his head shape. Those worries awe unwarranted 99% of the time.  Your head shape looks fine and from the look of things it will be quite some time before you need to worry about going bald.

I personally think its more like 99.9999999999999999999........ %, so yeah if he decides to go sly, he'll look awesome.

Go for it, man. Just do it. It is only hair, and at least until the thinning gets much worse,  itll grow back if you decide you dont like it after a while.
Bald by chioce, never going back

Online Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 12:19:23 PM »
 I am a student in barber college right now and what the guys say is correct. your face only appears longer because of the goatee and all the volume you have a fun top of your head.  try getting rid of the beard and getting a haircut that shorter on top.  You might even want to test fly a buzz Cut,  you'll find out that your head shape is just perfect

Offline tranceavia

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 04:55:29 AM »
I thought my face would look fatter. Actually it has thinned it...
Forever new frontiers

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 05:04:47 AM »
you have lot of hair, balding not noticeable.  Head shape is fine, Might try getting a biuzz haircut. 

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 04:47:19 PM »
I agree, try a close buzz.

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 11:24:59 AM »
I have a bit of a long face myself, but after I shaved it my forehead kind of blended in, so it isn't noticeable.  I agree with a bunch of the guys.  I would try a buzz cut.  You may decide you like it.  And if you don't, it'll grow back.  At least then you'll see that your head shape is just fine.

Offline sirstroud

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 05:15:16 PM »
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies. I have lost some hair since my post. I have noticed that the sides of my head look really silly. The sides above the ears portrude out. Is this normal at all or should I consider treatment options? Just haven't had the balls to shave it off

Offline Zooman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2017, 08:41:27 AM »
First of all, don't worry!  I know that's easier said than done, but seriously, whatever happens, you will be fine in the end.  We are all our worst critics when it comes to our head shape, and I know for me, I thought my head looked really odd when I first shaved it.  This is a normal reaction for anyone shaving their head the first time.  You will get used to it, and those around you will get used to it.  I would caution you against rushing into any kind of treatment.  Be sure to investigate all the pros and cons of anything you are considering.  And as most of the other guys here have said, just try getting a buzz cut.  Maybe start with a #4 and go progressively shorter if you like it.  This will help you get a sense of what you would look like with a shaved head.  Best of luck to you with whatever you choose to do.