Author Topic: Okay, I'm back, recession has progressed and diffusion loss has started  (Read 4124 times)

Offline USA man

• Sly Jr.
So...

When I was about 18/19 years old(I'm 22 now), a relative had pointed out my hairloss at the temples and from then on I worried and obsessed excessively. Fast forward one year, the entire frontal hairline receded about a half a centimeter, in addition to more temple recession. Then, at the start of last summer, I noticed my hair on top of my scalp began thinning. It has progressed even more up until today. I had a buzzcut for the longest time and I was not successful dating. Then as soon as I grew out the top a little bit and had a crew cut(around the same time I noticed the thinning ironically), I have gained significantly more attention from women. So, it sucks to say, but I have been more successful and confident with women since having somewhat longer hair for this short period of time(God said F you to me and sped up the baldness), compared to when I was buzzing really short for the longest time. Now, I notice I'm losing it faster and it will only be a matter of time before other people can notice it. I'm combing it over to the best of my ability. I know for a fact I am significantly less attractive when I don't have hair, however, that's just the hand I was dealt and I know it's out of my control. Many, many comments by women in the past have confirmed this and the difference in attention they give confirms this as well.

Is finasteride worth the risk? I don't want to be fighting a losing fight. One of my friends who is balding just started it too, we're both 22.

My hairloss is speeding up, and I'm wondering if I should try and delay it, I really want to try and stop it, but at the same time, I don't want to shrink my prostate or increase my estrogen levels or get man tits.

1. Is finasteride worth the risk? Have you taken it? Are the self-reported reviews of sexual dysfunction on all these hairloss forums just because of placebo effect? I know if you're convinced you have ED, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

2. Do we as men with MPB have higher levels of DHT? I understand finasteride blocks most of DHT production, it seems so unnatural. If DHT serves a significant purpose, why is finasteride FDA approved?

3. Tingling and itchiness on my scalp is becoming more extreme and frequent. Is this just a precursor to hair falling out? My hairloss has increased. How can I get the itchiness and tingling to stop? Shaving? Nizoral?

Sincerely,
Balding Worry-wart with OCD   ???

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
You aren't going to find much support for fin. I had many of the same worries as you, in regards to not being attractive. But once I shaved I have found that women find me more attractive now. It takes some adjusting on your part, but most people around you do not care.
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
welcome back, I've never heard of finasteride, but I never looked into treatments, Cos I generally saw them as snake oil, I decided if God has dealt out that I am bald, I'll embrace it. Not spend thousands trying to get it all back which may or may not work!
I can't say I'm a particularly attractive bloke, but my girlfriend at the time was the first to suggest shaving my head. But some have said I have too good a head shape to cover it with hair! (conversely I guess that's why I grow a full beard!)
But I never got any tingling or itching (except when I first started shaving and initial regrowth was a little itchy)
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
The hair loss drugs work by blocking testosterone.  And low T is a major cause of ED.  The more you block, the lower the T, the lower the T, the more likely ED will result.  And for some guys it is not reversible. Seems like a big risk unless you are a Catholic Priest. It is FDA approved because of the money. 

The other factor is genetics.  Just because an old guy has a full head of hair does not men he has low T.  And a bald teenager likely has normal T level for a teenager.  Genetics determines when the MPB will start.
SlyBeard

Offline BaldlyGo.com

• Learning the way of Sly
    • Hair Loss Is Fun
Re: Okay, I'm back, recession has progressed and diffusion loss has started
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 01:41:43 AM »
Dude, I see you are in the investigation stage (like it was in my case). My hope for you is that the loop will be as short as possible and you find the salvation soon (head shaving)
Check my Indiegogo campaign
https://igg.me/at/MyDadsBaldHea

Offline Calvo1029

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 08:04:36 PM »
There are a lot of sexual side effects you can read about all over the internet.

Do what we all wish we did earlier, shave your head (or at least buzz it).
If only I could figure out how to get rid of the hair that still comes back...

Offline tranceavia

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 04:59:45 AM »
I too hve had the tingling which seemed to become more frequent ras the thinning progressed
Forever new frontiers