Author Topic: Fence sitters, take advantage of the long weekend  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Fence sitters, take advantage of the long weekend
« on: January 14, 2011, 07:54:17 PM »
We're at the beginning of a three-day weekend, which, by the way, is the ideal time to shave your head for the first time, when you have an extra day to get used to your new look before facing the world at large.  It was MLK holiday weekend nine years ago when I first shaved my head.  My only regret was not following the 30 day rule and letting my hair grow back, which began a nearly two-year roller coaster ride of shaving, growing back, shaving, etc., before finally going sly for good in November 2003.

A note to anyone who's ever gone through a few cycles of the shave and grow it back routine:  you keep returning to the shaved look for a reason.  Accept it and commit to it, and you'll feel a whole lot better about yourself.  For a while, I didn't think I could ever stick with a shaved head long enough for it to become my "normal" look, but when I finally tried the 30 day rule, it did the trick.  I can still remember what it was like to have hair, but the memory is fading. 

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Fence sitters, take advantage of the long weekend
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 09:56:13 AM »
Great point Razor.  Listen up balding fencers & lurkers--this could be your chance to move on and leave all the BS of balding behind. 

Enter your email address: