Author Topic: Balding Woes  (Read 8937 times)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Balding Woes
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2007, 05:07:57 PM »
Great plan, Razor!! O0

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2007, 09:57:24 PM »
Great plan, Razor!! O0

I concur! I am a big fan of extreme change, so I would've just shaved it all off today, but that's just me. Most guys need to work into it gradually, I suppose.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2007, 10:03:55 PM »
Great plan, Razor!! O0

I concur! I am a big fan of extreme change, so I would've just shaved it all off today, but that's just me. Most guys need to work into it gradually, I suppose.

I always found that every time I went shorter, I never went back to a longer length.  And every time I went shorter, it was almost always by accident.  My first #1 buzz was when I went to the barbershop for a haircut, and the barber I got was positively ancient.  I still hadn't gone too short at the time, and I was still keeping the top a little longer than the sides.  I think I asked for a #3 on top and a #2 on the sides, I can't really remember.  I do remember that he repeated the instructions I gave him verbatim and then sheared me down to a #1 before I knew what was happening.  It seemed radically short at the time and I left that shop thinking I was really bald.  But by the end of the day, I was really starting to like it and never went longer than a #1 again.

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2007, 10:10:54 PM »
Great plan, Razor!! O0

I always found that every time I went shorter, I never went back to a longer length.  And every time I went shorter, it was almost always by accident.  My first #1 buzz was when I went to the barbershop for a haircut, and the barber I got was positively ancient.  I still hadn't gone too short at the time, and I was still keeping the top a little longer than the sides.  I think I asked for a #3 on top and a #2 on the sides, I can't really remember.  I do remember that he repeated the instructions I gave him verbatim and then sheared me down to a #1 before I knew what was happening.  It seemed radically short at the time and I left that shop thinking I was really bald.  But by the end of the day, I was really starting to like it and never went longer than a #1 again.

Well, I started shaving my head when I was in high school. Started out with a 2 all over, then just starting doing it with no gaurd. Sometimes I would grow my hair out so I could dye it or do something radical with it for a while, then I would get bored with that and buzz it again. I've always been obsessed with bald heads so about 3 years ago I went totally bald. I shaved with Edge shave Gel and a M3 Turbo for about 3 months, got tired of hearing my ex-wife bitch about it and grew my hair back. As soon as she left me I started buzzing it with no guard twice a week. Then I met Kori and wanted to go bald again, so I did. She loved it, I loved it, I discovered Headblade, then this forum, and everything has been wonderful ever since! If I would've known about Headblade (and SBG, but it wasn't around then!) the first time I shaved my head, I don't think I would've grown it back despite my ex's bitching.  O0

BALDANDRE

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2007, 01:24:57 PM »
Advice, I'm sure most here would agree with is, you should just go for it, because like most will say to you (and I'm sure you will to)...

I should have done it sooner!

A buzz, is kinda cool but completely slick bald is way sly!

Good luck in your transition to the sly side!

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 11:42:35 PM »
Bishie,

I agree with RazorX -- it doesn't look like you have lost much (I could even be jealous), but I can completely understand your nervousness since you have baldness in the family.  A warning about buzzing though... it can become addictive.  I started getting my hair cut at SportClips after having had my wife cut it for years.  Well, they asked me what number I wanted.  I had no clue what that meant.  I liked the result a lot.  The next time I went in, I wanted it shorter, and then shorter again.  Then I decided I could do this myself.  About 3 weeks of buzzing shorter and shorter, I could resist no longer.  I knew I had to shave it slick.  I haven't looked back since.  Good luck in whatever you decide.  IMO, a buzz cut is always preferable to trying to hide baldness and looking ridiculous.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline dalecooper

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2007, 11:19:29 PM »
Well congrats on buzzing your hair...

On another note, I think you're way too worried about your hair loss, from your avatar picture, your hair looks thick.  I would be TOTALLY jealous of that.  Receding hairline around the temples isn't even bad, so many guys have it that its almost natural....   diffused hairloss on top is what sucks (take it from me hah).

Enter your email address: