Author Topic: Purpleish spots on head  (Read 1577 times)

Offline Johnnyrotten

• Learning the way of Sly
Purpleish spots on head
« on: January 18, 2015, 07:56:12 AM »
I have been shaving having my head for about 8 months and I have purplish spots as in the attached photo.
Anyone got any idea what it is?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Purpleish spots on head
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 08:26:14 AM »
Welcome, Johnny!

Before I can take a guess at what that might be, I just have a couple of questions for you:

1. Is it purple on that side of your head only, or in the entire area where your "horseshoe shadow" would be?

2. Has it been like that for the whole eight months you have been shaving or is this something that recently happened?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Johnnyrotten

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 08:28:17 AM »
Hi Sir Harry,

It appears on both sides of the head and has been there since i started shaving

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 08:39:03 AM »
Johnny,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm going to take a wild guess and say you started shaving due to MPB (like me) >:D. That being said, it could be one of two things: Either your scalp is still adjusting to being shaved, or you may have an advanced case of "stork bite" Stork bite is when a person has red or pink patches (a "birthmark"), most of which are found on the center of the nape of the neck, but in some cases the storkbite could extend upward to near the cranium. It is also possible that your skin is irritated due to razors and/or shaving technique. What I like to suggest to most head shavers is to rub an ice cube after they shave over their entire head in addition to aftershave/balm/cream etc. If the purple spots don't improve, I would see a dermatologist about some bleaching cream to minimize the purple spots (I can see what you're talking about, but I don't think it's nothing to freak out over) Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.