Author Topic: Age Defying  (Read 19992 times)

Offline alotaforehead

• Learning the way of Sly
Age Defying
« on: August 06, 2006, 02:15:54 PM »
Straight up...Women don't know how old we "really" are!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Age Defying
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 02:40:11 PM »
That's true!  Bouncers don't know how old we are either!  This could be good or bad depending on if you're over 21 or not, but I get carded more than ever after shaving my head.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 03:01:55 PM »
I guess this also goes with another advantage - never going grey!  Since you don't have any hair, people won't ever see you with grey hair.

Well, I guess until you mustache, beard, eybrows, and ear hair turn grey.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline MississippiRed

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 01:54:19 PM »
Being bald give you a distinctive look for real......and while we're at it let's throw in wise, pious, and of course manly as all get out.......think about it who really wants to scuffle with the big bald dude....ask old dude from the Green Mile, or Wes Snipes, or Vin Diesel......yall know what I mean...

MississippiRed

Offline whovean

• Sly Guy in Training
    • Its my Life
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 02:41:50 AM »
i dont know what this means but i am 41 and dateing a 27yo  ;D
live bald and prosper

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 02:39:43 AM »
i dont know what this means but i am 41 and dateing a 27yo  ;D

That's funny, as I am 25 and I used to date a 37 year old. And the weird thing about is people never noticed
the age difference, they thought we were pretty much the same age. Only when I told them my real age (I like to shock
people and make fun of them occasionally) were they shocked and totally surprised...
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 07:04:45 AM »
Sometimes I look at old picturess and can't tell when they were taken. I have to look at what I am wearing or who I am with. It's even harder when I have the same jacket or shirt on. Does that happen to anyone else?

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 07:06:31 AM »
I guess this also goes with another advantage - never going grey!  Since you don't have any hair, people won't ever see you with grey hair.

Well, I guess until you mustache, beard, eybrows, and ear hair turn grey.

That brings up another interesting topic. When bald guys go grey do you die your facial hair or let it go grey? I think I might die it, what about everyone else?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 12:14:44 PM »
Sometimes I look at old picturess and can't tell when they were taken. I have to look at what I am wearing or who I am with. It's even harder when I have the same jacket or shirt on. Does that happen to anyone else?

That happened to me when I was looking for pictures to show the progession of me having hair to going completely bald.  I had to keep asking my wife when I took the picture.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 12:18:35 PM »
That brings up another interesting topic. When bald guys go grey do you die your facial hair or let it go grey? I think I might die it, what about everyone else?

I just found a couple of grey hairs in my beard the other day.  Luckily it was only a couple so I was able to pluck them out with tweezers.  I'll probably try to die them if they start multiplying...hopefully that won't be in the very near future.

gearhedguy

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 10:01:04 PM »
Yup, I find people also think I'm a lot younger, but I never really attributed that to my shaved head until reading these posts. I'm 43, but I'm usually guessed to be around 30-32. But I exercise a lot and I'm in pretty good shape and I think that also takes off some years. :D

Offline Apollo5

• currently currently
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2006, 08:36:11 PM »
I don't know if it has anything to do with my shaved pate. I am told I look like I am in my early 20s. I tell ppl my real age(35). they go "No Way!". I got salt in pepper in my facial hair but i never messed with that. In a suit I look like Lex Luthor.

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2006, 04:12:00 AM »
I actually get guessed at 27-30 all the time, when I am almost 36. I just shaved my goatee, today, after a trimming error (lol ugh) first one in like 3 years, so I am the Baby Faced Assassin again!  lol Everyone said they would card me for everything... kinda nice, knowing I am almost 36. I skipped grey hair btw, I had white hair in my Goatee lol ugh!!   :-\
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 07:28:12 PM by Yeti »
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 12:23:03 PM »
Before I shaved my head, everyone would guess I was about 31 or so. Now people have no idea. If I shaved the goatee, I would be in the same boat as Yeti. I look 12 or 13 then. Haven't done that in almost 3 years though. Funny thing is, when I did it the wife didn't even notice until I said something.

I did get some funny looks when I got carded and still had the old pic on my ID. (Still had hair) Just recently had to replace it because the washing machine beat it up.

Age really doesn't bother me much. I'll be 28 in a few days, but I could really care less. There's nothing I can do to stop it, so why worry? I'll just enjoy the time I have.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 12:28:49 PM »
I still have my old pic on my ID from when I had hair and no goatee.  It's pretty funny when I get carded because they always look at me like I'm trying to pull one over on them.  Especially if I'm travelling outside of CA.  I have the ultimate mug shot picture on there too.  The lady taking the picture didn't tell me I had a pencil resting on my ear, so it looks like I have this weird pointy thing sticking out of my head.  I guess the good thing about the picture is that if I'm ever wanted by the authorities, then they won't be able to find me if they post that picture.

I did get some funny looks when I got carded and still had the old pic on my ID. (Still had hair) Just recently had to replace it because the washing machine beat it up.