Author Topic: OUCH!!!! No shaving for me for a while, mole is a lot smaller  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Daven

• Super Sly
OUCH!!!! No shaving for me for a while, mole is a lot smaller
« on: September 29, 2011, 07:02:03 AM »
Ok, so you know I had a mole on my temple removed right after I started shaving. I also had a larger flatter mole on the direct center of the back of my head I left alone because (at that time) I'd been shaving about 6 weeks without any problem. Well, that ended yesterday when I was shaving and my wife came in and said "OH MY GOD YOUR BLEEDING BADLY!!".  I grabbed my hand mirror and saw I had shaved about 30% of my mole off. It took an hour to stop bleeding. I know the scalp is very vascular but damn!  Anyway, I have a bandaid on it and it doesn't hurt, never did, sharp new razor. 

The question is for all your mole-shavers, how long should I wait to shave that area again? I am thinking about a week, I should have a good growth by then, I won't leave the house until I shave again.... :) LOL. 

I also wonder if I should go to my dermatologist to have the rest of it professionally removed.  Suggestions appreciated.

AKA Gimpy

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: OUCH!!!! No shaving for me for a while, mole is a lot smaller
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 08:10:44 AM »
I vote for a Dermatologist and leave it alone until you talk to rhe Doc.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 08:14:26 AM »
hey daven:

1st of all hope U heal quickly.  i would definitely clean the "cut" with mild soap&water, pat dry, & apply antibiotic ointment such as neosporin daily and leave it open to air to allow air to the site so it heals quicker.

2nd... i had a mole on the top of my dome that was cut from head shaving.  however; it didn't stop me from shaving because my beautiful wifey shaved my noggin and around the cut area.  i got an appointment with a dermatologist and he removed my mole and never had a mole incident since.  so... yes 2 getting a dermatologist appt.

hope this helps and keep us posted.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Slynito

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 09:51:18 AM »
I go to my dermo doc once a year and have calculated that he makes $800 per hour, but he has a lot of overhead. I vote for the dermo doc!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 06:26:29 PM »
hey daven:  so... what's the word?  did U see a deramatologist?  R U still shaving the dome?  hope all is well. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Enter your email address: